Today’s post is about IELTS Academic Writing Task 1. I have taken this handout from http://www.teachers.cambridgeesol.org and use it in my class room but you can do it on your own. This activity tells you how to explain the graph according to the assessment criteria in 20 minutes.
- First do the Exercise 1 “Understanding the task and data”
- answer the questions 1 – 7
- now look at the sample answer
- do the Exercise 2, ‘Analyzing a sample answer’.
- go through the sample answer
- check the assessment criteria
- start the actual sample task.
- you are not expected to reproduce the sample answer word for word but to use the best aspects of it as a model.
* Key to Procedure steps for writing your sample answer is given along with the assessment criteria on Page 1 of the answer keys.
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 Activity – Student’s Worksheet
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 Activity – Sample Task
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 Activity – answer keys
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 Activity – Sample Answer