Today I am giving you a prompt for IELTS speaking part I.
- Read these questions carefully;
- make a mind map as big as you can;
- start explaining all the points you have included in your mind map;
- if possible try to record yourself;
- you can check the previous post “say it better” to understand how to answer.
Tell me about your home.
Do you live in a flat or a house?
What are some good things about your home?
Are there any bad things?
Which is better, living in a house or a flat? Why?
It is not necessary that you speak truth. You just need to show that how you speak English; can you explain things clearly; do you have confidence to speak well?
1. Tell me about your home. Do you live in a flat or a house?
Do not say just “house” or “flat”. Explain your “house” or “flat” in detail. size of your house; rooms; lawn; garden; front-yard or backyard; etc.
2. What are some good things about your home?
its airy; have backyard; lawn where you go in the evening or morning; have tea; read books in your lawn; which areas of your home do you like most; why you like them; how they look; what are the things which make them look good; how you feel when you go in those particular areas;
3. Are there any bad things?
Do not say “yes” or “no” but explain it. a room has no window and it is so dark; backyard is too small; outside there is no space for your pet.
4. Which is better, living in a house or a flat? Why?
explain in detail the merits and demerits.
if its house you can say that it has lawns, front-yard or backyard.
if its flat say it is airy, you can see the sun rise and sun set easily everyday.