In Task 2, you are required to write an essay of about 250 words on a given topic which you must complete in about 40 minutes. The question is taken from Collins English for Exams; Writing for IELTS by Anneli Williams.
You should spend about 40 minutes in this task.
Write about the following topic.
There is a good deal of evidence that increasing car use is contributing to global warming and having other undesirable effects on people’s health and well being.
What can be done to discourage people from using their cars?
Give reasons to your answers and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
- First, break the question into small segments. For example:
- How does the increasing car use is contributing to global warming? What do you think?
- What are the undesirable effects on people’s health and well being. How? What do you think? What are those effects might be?
- How do you discourage people from using their cars?
- write conclusion
- make a mind map
- explain your points accordingly.