In the listening test, you need to understand native speakers talking quickly. There are some important points to consider:
- Before your test make sure that you are familiar with all the question types: form completion, multiple selection, etc.
- Look for key words in the question – underline or circle them. Try to predict as much as you can before you listen.
- Synonyms are important – there is often a word in a question and a different word with similar meaning in the listening audio. You need to make these connections to answer questions.
Improve your listening skills with materials online.
- Visit the website mentioned below. You will get various short programs for your listen practice along with the exercises.
- Try to listen Ted.com. Choose a lecture and listen. Listen again. It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand every word: can you pick out the main ideas? Listen a third time, if you need to, and click on Show transcript beneath the video screen.
IELTS Listening Answer Sheet
Let us enjoy today’s TED talk.
A magician and illusionist for the 21st century, Marco Tempest blends cutting-edge technology with the flair and showmanship of Houdini. HE spins a beautiful story of what magic is, how it entertains us and how it highlights our humanity — all while working extraordinary illusions with his hands and an augmented reality machine.