You know that length of IELTS speaking test is 11-14 minutes which will be recorded in case if you need it to be remarked.
- phase I is about 4-5 minutes long.
- the examiner introduces him/herself and checks your identity.
- examiner asks you general questions on personal/everyday topics for example your family, home, education, work, studies, interests, hobbies.
- It then continues as an interview
This part tests your ability to give opinions and information on everyday topics and common experiences or situations by answering a range of questions.
Let’s talk about your home town or village.
• What kind of place is it?
• What’s the most interesting part of your town/village?
• What kind of jobs do the people in your town/village do?
• Would you say it’s a good place to live? (Why?)
Let’s move on to talk about accommodation.
• Tell me about the kind of accommodation you live in?
• How long have you lived there?
• What do you like about living there?
• What sort of accommodation would you most like to live in?