IELTS listening test is divided into four sections which are focused on following themes.
- An everyday common talk between two people, such as a conversation between a staff member and client.
- A person speaks about general situation, such as describing a library.
- An educational talk among two or more people, such as a class discussion.
- An academic discourse of common interest, such as lecture on a topic of general academic interest, such as climate change.
Each section has 10 questions.
Now in all these four sections you will get variety of tasks which includes:
- Form/note/table/flow chart/summary completion
- Multiple choice
- Plan/map/diagram labelling
- Sentence completion
- Short-answer questions
Remember you will get some of the task types in one paper; not all these question types appear in a single paper.